Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yonah's Top Ten

Dear Readers,

My name is Yonah Meir. My parents named me Yonah after my great grandmother Joyce. It's a tad tricky to follow, but the Hebrew letter for the "y" sound was anglicized to "j". Don't ask me why. Yonah means dove, and my parents got it right so far. I am very pleasant. My parents also named me Meir after my great grandfather (Mayer) and possibly my great great grandfather, Meir. So far, I look a lot like great grandpa Mayer--I'm kind of bald and a bit wrinkly. I also complain a lot when I need to use the bathroom.

Next Sunday, I will celebrate turning 7 weeks old. As you can guess, I'm dictating to my parents since I don't have the motor skills to write. I hope they get everything down right!

While I'm only 6 weeks and 5 days old, I've developed plenty of likes. Here's my top ten:

10. Picking up my head when I'm getting burped. I can even head-butt mommy and daddy in the face now. It's awesome.
9. Bright lights. They're so shiny--don't you just love that?
8. Listening to three trippy songs in my swings. If mommy and daddy put me underneath some shiny lights, I'm in heaven.
7. Getting wrapped up in mommy's sling. I like it so much, I can't stay awake.
6. Getting out of my swaddle. Next up, escaping my crib! mwahahahaha!!
5. Mrs. Cow, my friend at changing time. Sometimes she flies over my head. Sometimes she attacks me. Other times she just lays around, and I like looking at her. Then again, I also like knocking her down when mommy and daddy aren't watching.
4. Daddy. He's super groovy. I like escaping from his swaddles after he's put me down. See number 6.
3. Daddy's pinky. It tastes really good, I can suck on that thing for about 10 minutes before I pass out.
2. Mommy. She's the best woman in the whole world. Much more friendly than Mrs. Cow.
1. Meal time. This restaurant is always open, even when I get the 4am munchies. And it's free. What beats that?!

Next, I will explain my first Passover Seder, which I stayed up all night enjoying.

All the best,
little Yonah Meir

No comments:

Post a Comment