Dear readers,
I want to describe to you the delights of bath time and the difficulties of being only seven weeks old.
First off, I realize I have these things attached to my body that wiggle around my face. These things have smaller things attached to them that I can almost get into my mouth. I bet they'd be nice and tasty--a good snack in between meals. One day soon I'll figure out how to get them in there. I've already figured out how to get these things out of Daddy and Mommy's swaddles with relative ease, much to their chagrin, so it's only a matter of time before I can fit them in my mouth.
I digress. The point is, I can't use these things--I think they're called hands and fingers--to wipe away the milk that drips down my cheeks and under my neck. Actually, I love eating so much, I don't even like when Mommy and Daddy make me stop so they can swab away the milk hiding under my fluffly cheeks. The only problem is, I start smelling funky after a day, and by day two of the milk build up, I smell equally sweet and sour.
That's when Mommy and Daddy put me in the bath.
I hate being naked, but I love being covered in the warm, gentle water that reminds me of hanging out in Mommy. For the first minute I'm a very confused baby. But then I relax and let Mommy rub the sudsy stuff all over my front and under my cheeks and chin, where the sour milk went. Daddy kind of watches (although he gave me a bath all by himself once), until its time to turn me over and get my back. Just to make it extra hard for Daddy, I kick and wail while he holds me over the water and Mommy washes my back and bottom. I love bath time, but I can't let Mommy and Daddy off the hook too easily or else they'll try to bathe me every day.
And I won't like daily washing for another 13 years, at least!
Now that I think about it, I haven't been washed in a few days. And--phew--there is a funky smell coming from under my chin. Guess that means bath time again today!
Looking forward to getting washed,
Yonah Meir Weinberg
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment